ALL transportation changes MUST be made before 2:00 pm for the safety of your child!
1st 9 Weeks test will be October 8 – 11.
Happenings on the Hill:
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest – Divisions include Prek, K, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd, grade, 4th grade, 5th/6th Grade, 7th/8th Grade. Bring pumpkins on the morning of October 23 and they will be judged on October 24 and displayed at the Halloween Carnival on Oct. 25. First place winners will receive a trophy, second and third place will receive ribbons. An overall winner will receive a large trophy and 50 free tickets to be used at the Halloween Carnival.
- Classroom door decorating contest – Winning homerooms in each division will receive a pizza party on Oct. 25 and the winning teacher in each division gets a $25 Walmart Gift Cart.
- Costume Contest – 9:00 am on Oct. 25. $1 entrance fee.
- Halloween Carnival – October 25, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Counseling Survey – Mrs. Taylor would like for parents, students and teachers to complete this survey in an effort to collect data about better ways to serve our student body.
To complete the survey, click here.
Congratulations to students for making the Patriots & Lady Patriots basketball team! Basketball Schedule has been posted under Sports tab.
8th Grade: Gavin Mills, JB Stacy, Grant Maxey, Jackson Brown, Issac Freeman,, Bryson Moore, Jon Colyer, Katie Smith, Cheyenne Tennison, Allie Kitchens, Abby Walton, Karleigh Hare, Marcie Smith, Julianna Trout
7th Grade: Shean Lozada, Micah McDaniel, Weston Maxey, Levi Howell, Colby Wilson, Caleb Jansen, Trevor Nix, Jackson Carpenter, Nate Smith, Jay Johnson, Timothy Edge, Allie Grace Wwhite, Kenzie Johnson, Katie Carpenter, Edna Freeman, Emily Moore, Harley Brooks, Nicole Breedlove.
BCBS Grant Update: Mastercraft was awarded the winning bid for construction of our new health and wellness building. Their bid also includes a larger building that was anticipated. Construciton will begin soon. If you notice pink flags placed in the area where the outdoor classroom was, those mark where our walking track will be located. Excavation and pouring of asphalt will occur down there soon.
Fall Basketball League: Nearly 200 students are participating in the Fall Basketball League. Games will be from 8:00 am – 1:30 pm. We are excited to get the season started for the students. Entry Fee is $1 per person, school age children and up. Championship games will be held October 11 beginning at 5:00pm.
Research indicates that poor school attendance is a contributing factor to reduced reading proficiency. Students that are absent should submit a parent excuse letter or a doctor’s excuse within two days of returning to school. A parent letter can be downloaded from the counselor page.
Students can now purchase fresh produce, yogurt, and other healthy snack options in the concession stand during their afternoon break.
Learn how to use Box Tops for Education: Watch this video
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade(same as last year)
- 7th Grade
- 8th Grade
10/8-11 1st 9 Weeks Test
10/9 End of 1st 9 Weeks
10/10 PTO Meeting 6:00pm
10/10 First Responder Day
10/11 Meet the Patriots
10/14 Columbus Holiday NO SCHOOL
10/15 Prof Dev. Day (NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS)
10/25 Halloween Carnival
11/25-29 Thanksgiving Holiday
12/20 Early Release Day 12:30 pm
12/20 End of 2nd 9 weeks